Ten Search Engine Optimization Myths - Debunked!

1 Replies, 1279 Views

What NOT To Believe About Search Engine Optimization

If you're just getting started in search engine optimization for your Web site, you might (unfortunately) have been subjected to a few search engine optimization whoppers. Before you start throwing away your time and money on any search engine optimization wild goose chases, read these ten myths of search engine optimization, and avoid problems before you get going.

1. Search engine optimization is too difficult to understand for regular people.
Not so. The basics of a good search engine optimization strategy will equip you with what you need to make your site succeed in the search engine listings, as well as attract new readers who are looking for what you're offering. Sure, there are some complicated topics in search engine optimization, just like anything else. But once you have the basics under your belt, you’ll be well prepared to optimize your site.

2.There’s too much for me to learn about optimizing my site. I’ll never catch up.
Again, not so. Search engine optimization is just like any other subject. You wouldn’t expect to learn everything there is about the War of 1812 by watching one PBS documentary, would you? Search engine optimization is much the same. Just learn the basics and move on from there. You’ll be surprised at how much more comfortable you feel once you’ve learned the core concepts.

3.Once I submit my Web site to search engines, I've got it made.
Not quite. In fact, submitting your site to search directories or search engines does not guarantee instant success. The act of submitting your site does not guarantee that you will now receive more hits, or suddenly shoot up to the top of the heap in the search results. Site submission just tells the world that you are out there and ready to be visited. It's just one part of the website optimization process, and one that frankly isn't even all that necessary anymore.

4.Search engine optimization just takes up too much time.
Not really. Again, the core of good search engine optimization is very basic. It just means you need to have a different point of view when writing your content, creating your source code, and designing your site’s look. You’re already spending time doing all these things, so if you optimize your site for your visitors and the search engines, you’re really only helping yourself in the end.

5.I need to submit my site to at least 1,000 search engines...right?
This is probably one of the most tired search engine optimization myths out there today. First of all, where are these 1,000 or so search engines? Anyone who asks for money to submit your site to this many search engines is not going to be doing you any favors.
HIDDEN CONTENT
You must reply to this thread to see links.

HIDDEN CONTENT
You must reply to this thread to see links.
READ THE RULES OR YOU WILL BE BAN! NO WARNING JUST BAN!
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2012, 09:24 AM by BHS.)
thanks!
chantelle, proud to be a member of BlackHat SEO Forum since Dec 2012.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good Web Site Design for Web Site Optimization BHS 9 1,622 11-30-2023, 04:18 PM
Last Post: mohamedabdoo
  Ben Cummings – Search Find Buy Layla 5 156 05-17-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: majval1
  iam search this course please download me this link tomassy 9 1,411 01-20-2023, 09:12 PM
Last Post: tefik
  [GET] Ben Cummings – Search Find Buy DoruVali 14 1,078 01-20-2023, 06:48 PM
Last Post: tefik
  [Udemy] Google Search Box: Master Skills For Searching kolly 49 4,313 02-12-2019, 11:34 AM
Last Post: SOSOGISY