How To Optimize Your Pages For Google

12 Replies, 2385 Views

Quote:On the subject of on-page optimization:

On-page SEO should be of high importance for everyone wanting to rank high in the search engines.

On-page SEO is so relatively easy to do that if you haven't focused on it than you are just missing out. On-page SEO of course isn't enough to get you to the top of Google, but if you don't have on-page SEO it is enough to prevent you from getting there.

Personally, I prefer Wordpress for both its SEO qualities and its ease of use. But, really we are focusing on the basics here, like:

keyword in title, keyword in url, keyword in meta description, keyword in meta keyword, keywords in <h> tags in good percentage, keywords in anchored links on the page, decent keyword density, etc. Nothing too drastic, but stuff people often overlook.

I actually prefer to use the free version of WebCEO for checking onpage SEO. I'm sure seo suite's software works fine, but I just have been using WebCEO since I started and it has always worked well for me and haven't felt the need to change.

So here's a checklist of what to do (imagine your target keyword is 'cheap golf clubs'):

[1] If you can, call the filename your keyword e.g. mydomain.com/cheapgolfclubs.htm

[2] Begin your page title with your keyword and have it once more in the title e.g. Cheap Golf Clubs: Where To Buy Cheap Golf Clubs? (two times maximum).

I also like to pose a question in the title as this has proven much more responsive CTR-wise in PPC.

[3] Feature your keyword in H1 and any H2 tags.

[4] Put your keyword phrase in the Metatags and Meta description area.

[4] Ideally, bold the keyword somewhere on the page.

[5] Optional: have a link on that keyword phrase somewhere going to another page (some SEO gurus recommend linking to an authority site on that topic, make it nofollow).

[6] Run your page through the free version of WebCEO. When I used to do a lot of PPC, WebCEO would give me at least 7/10 ("Good") Quality Score in AdWords and sometimes an 8/10 ("Excellent").

Obviously, a lot of this does NOT apply if you are 'parasite hosting' on a Web 2.0 site but still try to do as many as of these as possible.
HIDDEN CONTENT
You must reply to this thread to see links.

HIDDEN CONTENT
READ THE RULES OR YOU WILL BE BAN! NO WARNING JUST BAN!
thank you ....
scarfscarf, proud to be a member of BlackHat SEO - Webmaster Forum since Nov 2012.
thanks
sup4mak, proud to be a member of Black Hat SEO Forum since May 2013.
You can increase pagerank by good quality in the site/blog ,regular
updates,interlinking posts,SEO methods, Good website design &
uptime,social media,affiliate marketing etc.I insist that SEO is the
best and steady way to improve a site's page rank.I have used the SEV(Search Engine Visibility) from
HIDDEN CONTENT
as they
provide keyword and suggested topics,submit the site to over 100 search
engines and also provide reports which eventually improved my website
traffic.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2013, 03:43 AM by believe.)
Great
vpirsad, member of Black Hat SEO Forum - Black Hat Search Engine Optimization - Internet Marketing Forums since Dec 2013.
thanks
thanks
Thanks
Thanks
Nothing special...